Benefits and wellbeing
Last updated - 9 November 2017
Core and flexible benefits
- Pension scheme - The Genesis pension scheme is a defined contribution pension scheme, and is operated by The Pensions Trust (Genesis will match up to 7.5% of an employee contribution)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay - We offer enhanced maternity and adoption pay in addition to statutory entitlements.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Free confidential advice and counselling services. This is a support service, staffed and provided by an entirely independent organisation. They are leaders in the field and take employee confidentiality extremely seriously. Services they offer include:
- Counselling – on a multitude of different subjects, personal and professional
- Legal – information and signposting on stressful personal, legal or consumer matters
- Financial – information on personal money matters that may be affecting your wellbeing
- Debt Counselling – support in dealing with financial difficulties
- Health and Wellbeing – information on a range of wellbeing issues
- Younger and Elder care – support and signposting on issues affecting both the young and elderly
- Manager Consultation – sounding board to support managers in challenging situations
- Learning and Development - access to a wide range of learning and development opportunities, including courses, conferences and qualifications.
- Simply Health Cash Plan - with the Simply Health cash plan you can claim money back towards your everyday healthcare costs (dental, eye care, physiotherapy, health screening). You get up to 100% cash back, up to your annual limits. You have instant cover, so you can start claiming from the day you join. Children (under 18 years) are also covered on your policy for free. you can also upgrade and increase your level of cover and/or add a partner.
- In House discounts – offers our staff access to discounts at hundreds of major retailers, gyms, restaurants, entertainment /days out, insurance and financial services and many more. Through In House staff can also access online cash back offers, re-loadable shopping cards, gift vouchers and instant vouchers.
- Interest free season ticket loan - deductions are spread from your salary over 12 months (upon completion of a successful probationary period).
- Cycle to work scheme.
Work life balance
- Generous annual leave entitlement - 26 days increasing to 28 days after one year's service (30 days for senior level posts).
- Working where the need takes you! Flexible working at Genesis:
There are many ways that you can work flexibly with Genesis, examples include: flexi-time, compressed hours, staggered hours and part time hours.
When you join Genesis, you’ll be joining a company that encourages everyone to work Smarter. Our agility enables us to respond to our customer needs effectively, and enables you to balance home life and work life. This can include:
- starting or finishing your working day from home.
- joining meetings and training sessions virtually via technology rather than attending in person.
- remote working - from one of our various office locations or from home.
- use of a Genesis laptop and mobile - providing you with the latest technology to be successful in your role.
All our offices are fitted with completely flexible work space that provides a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere. The contemporary work space is largely open plan but contains a combination of dedicated desks and quiet areas. You can therefore work independently while still benefiting from an environment where you get to know your colleagues and collaborate.
Our many meeting rooms are designed and themed around worldwide cities; your meeting may take place anywhere from Rome to Rio!
Have you ever ordered your coffee via an app? At Genesis our contemporary facilities mean you can order your coffee exactly as you like it through our App! From a mocha to a latte, cappuccino and many more, the choice is yours! We have plenty of tea available too!