Our world is experiencing profound changes
that will affect our business and the communities in which we work.
Population growth, increasing pressure on natural resources and
climate change may increase the cost of energy and products. This
creates new risks for which we need to be better prepared. We
believe that by addressing sustainability challenges we can deliver
better quality services – our operations should become more
efficient, our homes more affordable to heat, and our residents
should be able to live healthier, more prosperous lives.
Our Environmental Sustainability
Genesis launched its Environmental
Sustainability Strategy in 2016. We are committed to achieving the
- Supporting people to live sustainably and to lower the cost and
use of energy in homes
- Making homes more energy efficient, safer, and affordable to
run and maintain
- Creating high performing services by minimising our use of
resources and waste, and by setting high environmental standards
for our offices and supply chain.
You can read our
Environmental Sustainability Strategy.
If you’re interested in what you can do to
save energy, money and reduce your impact on the environment, you
can visit our
energy advice page.
What we've achieved so
- We were awarded Silver in the housing
sector’s sustainability index, SHIFT in 2014
- We have flexible working arrangements and low
business vehicle emissions compared to other housing
- A number of our new housing schemes are built
to high sustainability standards, like Code for Sustainable Homes