1. Home
  2. Customers
  3. Advice and support
  4. Are you insured?

Are you insured?

We insure the structure of your property, but you are responsible for insuring your personal contents. A burst pipe, break-in, fire or other disaster could rob you of your valuable possessions and without contents insurance you may struggle to pay for replacements.

If you have not already done so, we strongly advise you to take out contents insurance and we can give you details of an inexpensive scheme through Thistle (www.thistlemyhome.co.uk or can call 0845 337 2463 or 01628 586189). Insurance with Thistle could cost you as little as £1.29 a fortnight, a small price to pay for the peace of mind of knowing that you will be covered should the worst happen, and Thistle’s ‘standard policy’ includes some cover for accidental damage to electrical items in the home (including TVs, home computers and home entertainment equipment). However, the policy does not cover items designed to be carried e.g. camcorders, games consoles and portable computers, or for items away from home such as clothing and mobile phones, and you may need to purchase add on cover for these.

Payment can be arranged monthly or annually by Direct Debit, swipe card (to mention but a few) with no hidden fees for joining, cancelling or re-joining.

For more information, contact us.

Return to the top