Genesis actions since Grenfell Tower tragedy
Since the Grenfell fire in June, the housing sector has been
working extremely hard to ensure the safety of our residents and to
make sure that the materials used in our buildings and the
contractors we use comply with new Government guidelines.
Genesis has played our part, making sure that we have checked
all of the higher risk buildings (namely, those of six storeys and
above). We have written to all of our residents explaining what
we’re doing and why, issuing fire safety advice and worked with
experts and advisers to make sure that what we’re doing reassures
policy makers and residents alike.
Since the fire, we have done the following, working with our
partners, reassuring residents and taking action where needed. This
- We’ve produced and shared an updated set of Fire Safety FAQs.
This is available online and hard copy can be arranged for all our
residents via our neighbourhood teams.
- Read more about Fire
- Kept residents, MPs and councillors informed about our
- We are continuing to work with the fire service and local
authorities to make sure that all of our properties comply with all
- We have communicated via our dedicated residents magazine –
Spotlight and will continue to do so in the next issue.
- We’ve written to all of our residents outlining what we’ve done
since the Grenfell fire and our commitment to testing cladding as
requested by the Government. We’ve also reminded residents of fire
safety advice and offered battery operated smoke detectors to
residents. We will continue this work.
- We have and will continue to share our fire safety advice on
our social media channels.
- Our teams have responded at those locations where cladding
similar to that at Grenfell was identified - engagement and
reassurance has been supported by 24 hour fire wardens and advice
on fire safety. Where ACM cladding was in situ, we have removed it
or have a plan to deal with it, based on up to date Government
For more information, email email@example.com