Customer Scrutiny Panel
Our Customer Scrutiny Panel currently meets with the Chief
Executive and Chair of the Board every six months to raise issues
that come through the Regional committees. Over the next three
months, a sub group of members will be looking more closely at
Service Charges and how to improve the service.
We are in the process of reviewing the role of the Panel so that
it can concentrate on investigating how our services work and make
recommendations for improvement to our Executive Management team
and to the Board. We will have four places available for customers
to apply for.
What will it involve?
- Inspecting repairs, estates and empty properties
- Questioning other customers, staff, managers and
- Studying our policies
- Visiting other Housing associations to learn from them
- Attending about six two hour meetings a year to monitor
- Working in partnership with other panel members and staff
- Constructive challenge
Frequently asked questions
What is the panel for?
The Customer Scrutiny Panel will constructively challenge the
Genesis Board and Senior Management Team to set long term and short
term plans and targets that reflect what really matters to the
residents. This is to drive constant service improvement at
Genesis. The panel will:
- Carry out in depth reviews of different aspects of our
- Report evidence based findings to the board with
- Monitor and scrutinise the performance of
What skills should you bring to the panel?
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Reading, writing, listening and communication skills
- Ability to make decisions based on evidence
- Have the ability to challenge constructively, whilst respecting
the roles, views and feelings of others
- Ability to see the bigger picture not just voice your own
- Ability to use or learn to use a computer and the internet for
report writing and research
- Willingness to attend workshops and training
How much time will you need to commit?
Usually, a review will take around 3 months and will require
regular meetings and homework outside of these. Not all members
must participate in each review.
The panel itself will meet quarterly, in addition to meeting
twice a year with the board to present the findings and
recommendations from each review.
What are the benefits for you?
- Professional training and experience
- Increase skills and improve your CV
- Learn more about how Genesis is run
- Challenge Genesis to improve the services that are provided to
Interviews – What do we expect?
We will give you all the information you need about how scrutiny
works so we will not expect you to know this. During your
interview, you may be asked to give evidence and examples of how
you have displayed certain qualities that are required for this
role, listed in section 2 above, such as:
- A time where you have worked as part of a team and what role
- Meeting deadlines in a personal or professional capacity
- A time when you have challenged constructively, whilst
respecting the roles, views and feelings of others.
- Being able to listen and take in different ways of looking at a
- Experience of communicating verbally, in writing or presenting
- Willingness to devote time for training